Saturday 12 May 2012

Pink Poodle Party -Part Deux

Well, the party was a success! There are few things better in life, than a hot sunny day, shared with friends, and cake. It's day's like this, that make me realize how blessed I am by the women I share my life with. I am so grateful for the friendships I have made over the years. My girlfriend Tracy brought her amazing camera and documented the day for me.  How lucky am I? 
I wanted to find something to build the party around. This is the Dessert Menu. The French are known for their amazing pastry's and desserts, so I thought it was fitting to create the party around that, and of course it had to be pink!
I had a vision of a chalk board. I just love these old frames. You've probably seen 100 of them. They're always gold, and usually housing a hideous oil painting of flowers or fruit. A fresh coat of Annie Sloan's Old White, and some MDF board painted with chalkboard paint, did the trick. In total, it cost me around $10. My girlfriend Elisa actually stumbled upon the cardboard Eiffel tower, and I cut the poodle out of card stock with my Cricut. It was a replica of what I did on her invites.
 I happened to find the little white poodles at Micheals, and I picked up the sequins for the leashes at Fabricland. $10.50. I had made the Cake pop stands last year for her Garden party, and just re-used them. They are painted Styrafoam blocks with picket fences from Micheal, hot glued to the front. I think it cost me $6. I wanted the cupcakes to look like flowers.
 I made the banner from card stock, and again used my Cricut. The fabric on the table I picked up for a steal for $20. Since I am using it to recover a chair, I guess it's just re-junking! The Pom-Pom's hanging from the tent were from Martha Stewart's website. I used Dollar Store tissue. It totaled $4. Next time I would spend a bit more on quality. Cheap tissue tears really easily when you try to puff them up. 
 This was the cupcake stand I made. The chandelier was free. I paid $5.50 for spray paint and spent $18 on crystals from Micheals. This is going to be well used! The French Macaroons were my biggest challenge. I was hell bent to master them. We live in a high humidity location, and it was very tricky to keep them from cracking. However, after several batches, I must admit that I was pretty impressed at how great they turned out. Of course, anything tastes good with chocolate ganache and lemon butter cream in it!
Miss C was such a joy to watch open her gifts. She is such a grateful little girl, and is always so happy about the small things. This year, she was incredibly spoiled by our friends and family. Bubbles! We love our bubbles!
 Every little girl loves her Doughnuts! Her Auntie Leesh came through again with an amazing wooden set from Melissa and Doug. I just love the wooden toys! 
 What little lady doesn't need a Pink Poodle Pillow and matching Pajama's! What do you think she's wearing to bed tonight? Her little "boy friends" know her well! 
 She loves her girly toys! 
 A very happy girl. A very special day. A very thankful mommy. 
These moments are the threads that stitch together a wonderful life. When I look around at the friends and family that make our lives special,  I am truly grateful. I am thankful that my children are loved by so many. Love is the most amazing part of life. So as I turn the calendar on my little girl and realize, that all to quickly, she is becoming a little lady, I am happy knowing that we celebrated another fabulous birthday, and I pray for many more to come. Thank you so much to everyone who came out today to share her special day with us. You are all SO special to us, and for you we are grateful.



3 comments:

  1. Desja - the party was beautiful! Thanks so much for the invite and all the great treats! Happy Birthday C!
    Breanne and Elisa
    home sweet nest

    ReplyDelete